James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wake Up, Wake Up...

In general, the best part of our day is the part when daddy walks in the door from work.  As soon as we hear those keys jingling, the cats jump up from their naps and pace back and forth, Lola squeals and wiggles like there's no tomorrow and I grab my chapstick.

Because a wife must get gussied up for her husband.
It's the law.

Reece and Lola spent this evening chatting and laughing on the floor.  That is, until Reece fell asleep.  All those late-night nerd games make him a very sleepy boy.

I didn't even realize Reece had dozed off until I overheard the following protest:

"dada"

A little louder.

"Dada!"

More pronounced this time.

"DADA!"

I turned around to see this:


Upon hearing my suggestion to "let papa nap," Lola merely chuckled.


If there's one thing I can say about my baby, it's that she's persistent.  She is also blessed with the ability to make herself undeniable.

That's why in the end, she got what she wanted.


Because what Lola wants, Lola gets.  Or so says the song.

9 comments:

Logical Libby said...

Meg today grabbed Ryan's leg when he came in the door and would not let him pass.


Daddy's girls.

Kristina said...

How funny. I can't believe she's already 5 months old! ACK! Where'd the time go?
Yes, a Colorado trip is definitely in order! We could show off the Mile High City to y'all! And eat lots. Because that's what life is about. And babies. And puppies. And Diet Dr. Pepper. That about covers it.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love her defiant face! She is so darling!

Brooke Hill said...

Love it! So cute!!

Mal Mecham said...

Jess, she's getting so big! I mean, you post pictures all the time, but I guess I just realized how grown up she's looking now! What a doll.

The Wrights said...

That is just darling!

Danielle said...

darling, I love those chubby cheeks.

siovhan said...

SO SO SO FUNNY!!!
And she is just adorable. Melts my heart.

Shannon said...

Lol, she is so cute! Sometimes this parenting business wears out the dads too ;)