James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Confessions of a New Mother: Part 2...

No matter how cold it is, I don't put socks on my baby because I know she will kick them off within 30 seconds anyway.

I feed my 7-month-old ice cream on a regular basis with the secret hope it will make me the favorite parent.

I let my kid watch scary movies with me when Reece is at work.

I hate tummy time as much as Lola does.

I have only shaved my legs 2 times since Lola's birth.

I used my toes to pick up Lola's binky from the floor once.  I can't believe I just admitted to that publicly.

No matter how much I need to get done on Mondays, I always go back to bed when Lola goes down for her morning nap.

Sometimes I catch myself comparing Lola's development to that of other babies close to her age.  "Why isn't she crawling  yet?"  "Why won't she roll over on command like a puppy?"  "Ha! She can say 4 words and that kid only drools!"  I think I'm the most embarrassed about this one.

I can't rest until Lola's nose is completely booger-free. 

I still need to send out at least 15 "Thank You" notes that have been sitting on my counter since right around Lola's birth.

I love my girl's chubby little body and often see how long I can go without putting clothes on her.

I still haven't legally changed my last name to Ivins because I hate waiting in line.

I haven't mopped my floors in 6 months.

Even though I swore I would stop buying baby clothes, I couldn't pass up this $5 dress from Target yesterday.  Because after a long winter, I need a little sunshine in my life.


The easiest confession?  I love being a mom more than I ever thought possible, and I am 10,000,000 more in love with my Lola girl now than I was the day she was born.

15 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I was really good a the thank you note thing for the first few months. Now? Not so much.

Liberti said...

She is BY.FAR. one of the cutest kids on the planet!

Kimba said...

that dress was totally worth breaking your oath. :) adorable! love her big grin!

ps. are those socks i see?!?! :) whatever they are, i love them.

Emily said...

oh I adore that yellow sun dress. She is so cute!

And I LOVE how refreshing and honest your blog is. I feel like I've said that... typed that before. Ah, well I'll type it again in the future I'm sure. :)

Tami said...

Love your blog. I am passing on the Sunshine award to you.

Shelton and Bethany said...

I totally bought the same dress in bright purple. I'm glad there are people out there as compulsive as I am.

She looks like a sweetheart.

Jessica and Reece said...

Kim, they are tights. Tights that happen to be WAY too big. They make her feet look mondo.

Brianne said...

Jess! She is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that end pic of her. So cute!

Amy said...

My goodness your baby is beautiful.

Drae said...

I think it's funny that you haven't legally changed your name yet... because of lines. I felt the same way about the lines of the SLC SS office. If you go to the SS office in Murray (I think it's across the street, South, of Fashion Place Mall. It might be by a red robin or something) the lines aren't always so long. I think especially if you go in the morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I think I was in and out in 10-15 minutes. I'm pretty sure I stood in line that long at the SLC SS office before leaving.

P.S. Those pics of Lola are so cute! Especially the last one. What a doll!

The Grady's said...

soooo funny about your name! I can't believe you haven't changed it yet :) I think Kevin would assume I wasn't doing it on purpose, that I had some I-am-not-changing-my-name-for-no-man agenda...good thing Reece understands your hatred of inefficient bureaucracy!

siovhan said...

she is certified the cutest baby ever. and i want her wardrobe in adult size. :)

and booger free's the way to be.

Lindsey Bell said...

I still can't get over and cute and smiley she is. I think that last picture you posted could win a prize! I also cannot rest until Makenzie is booger free. You must get all boogers at all costs.

Danielle said...

She is so cute! I love that stage...chubby, always giggly and happy. I love every stage really :)

Shannon said...

I love this post! You are so adorable and so is Lola.