James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Among Other Things...

I always had the best intentions to send out birth announcements. Lola is, after all, my first born. Before the actual birth, I spent countless hours designing and crafting my ideal card, lacking only a lovely picture of my newborn babe as the final step to achieving perfection.

And then, motherhood happened. Somehow diapers, feedings, kisses, naps and sleepless nights pushed their way to the top of my priority list. I only had energy (and eyes) for my daughter.

Just ask Reece. He'll tell you.

Around November, I convinced myself the holidays would be a perfect occasion to send out that belated card, along with the Season's Greetings wish I MEANT to send out the first year we got married.

Do you see a pattern developing here?

As you can imagine, Christmas came and went. My daughter grew rounder and longer. That good intention was placed back on the shelf to be forgotten for a few more months.

Soon, the stores became a sea of red, pink and hearts. I made the decision once and for all that the season of love would be the perfect time to publicly profess my adoration of my girl.

And so these were born:



That's right. Your eyes doth not deceive you. That right there is a Valentine/birth announcement featuring a 6-month-old baby.

Ghetto, I know. But better late than never, right?

In other news, I spent my Valentine's Day at work. Reece, on the other hand, sat at home with Lola girl while she played with her toys and watched the Olympics.






Happy heart day to all, and to all a goodnight.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

we loved your announcements! ghetto is the way to be! I love Lola's birdie shirt, too. And yes, we must go shopping and walking this week, I am having withdrawals...lol

Kimba said...

my favorite is her expression in all the shots. :) wyatt has loved looking at it! can't wait to see ya'll!

siovhan said...

oh my gosh, those are so cute!

and that picture of lola where she looks like she's caught off guard -- DELIGHTFUL. made me giggle. :)

Jessica and Reece said...

Kim, we can't wait to see you! I'm serious about having you join us for Carmel, if you are up for it.