James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, February 12, 2010

6 Months...

Exactly six months ago this minute, Reece was pushing our newborn daughter around the hospital in her little bed with his thumb in her mouth so Mama could get some sleep.

It's amazing how time flies. Yes, it's cliche, but there never was a truer statement -- especially when it comes to life with your first child.

Lola Maria is six months old. 15,897,600 seconds have passed since she made her way into our lives. We've spent 264,960 minutes getting to know her. We've had 4416 hours to figure out this parenting thing. If her life was a pregnancy, I would be 26 weeks along.

Oh how we adore this little person.



We adore her feet and the way she is always touching them together. We adore her "finger toes," so much like her daddy's, that grab on to anything within reach.



We adore her lips, so sweet, so soft, so kissable.



We adore her hands, her rubber band wrists and her long, curious fingers, always searching for something to transport to her mouth.



We adore her big, brown, beautiful "smiling" eyes, capable of melting us to our very core.



Though it's hard to pick the thing I love most about my daughter, especially since it changes every hour, I never tire of seeing her smile.



At six months, Lola is a wiggle machine. She's constantly reaching, stretching, squirming, scooting, rolling and dancing.

At six months, Lola loves her solids. She's slowly losing interest in her bottle, because if it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face.

At six months, Lola is getting her first tooth.

At six months, Lola is becoming wary of strangers. Mama, daddy, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles are safe, but my once social girl now likes to keep her distance from those outside her tight social circle.

At six months, Lola is finally in size 3 diapers. That's right, my baby's got back. She wears 3-6 month clothes, but still fits into some of her 0-3 month skirts and pants.

At six months, Lola talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks. She casually throws around "Mama" and "Dada," but as far as we know, she has no idea what those sounds mean. Yet. Singing in the car is her favorite pastime.

At six months, Lola is fascinated with her kitties. Upon hearing Jack hiss, I turned to find a large chunk of black fur in Lola's hand and a large smile on her face. If the cats are around, there is no breaking her stare.

At six months, Lola thinks Mama and Daddy are the funniest people in the entire world, and laughs up a storm on a regular basis. At least someone appreciates our humor.

At six months, Lola is an early riser. I never should have complained about the 8:30 wake up calls. Now they come closer to 4 a.m.

After six months of motherhood, I've learned what it's like to love someone so much it hurts. I've learned my life would be nothing without my daughter in it. I've learned the most important job I will ever have is that of Lola's Mama. I've been reminded how much I love my husband, and watched that love grow as I've watched him love our girl. I've learned the most rewarding feeling comes when Reece and Lola are both happy.

After six months of motherhood, I've come to the conclusion that the world isn't so scary, nor is it too bad as long as this little girl is in it.

5 comments:

Kimba said...

so pretty. the girl, and the post. :) can't wait to see you three soon!

Courtney said...

What a sweet girl! Can you believe it's been 6 months since we were both pregnant and miserable? Ha!

Brianne said...

What a cute outfit and a DARLING smile! So sweet!

Abby said...

All I kept saying as I read this post was:

So cute.

Oh, my gosh.

and

So cute.

Jessica and Reece said...

Courtney, I was just thinking about that when I saw you the other day. I'm so glad we were the newsroom pregos together! It was nice to have someone who could relate to my cankles :)