James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Points for Honesty...

Some time ago, my BYU broadcast buddy Jenna bestowed on me this pretty award:



So now I have to be honest ten times. I'm generally a teller of tall tales, so here goes nothing:

01. I pretend to be really outgoing, but I'm actually painfully shy. I am terrified of new social situations. I've adopted the policy, "Fake it 'til you make it."

02. I'm a woman of many guilty pleasures. Lola and I watch "Days of Our Lives" every single day. I own the first season of "Gossip Girl" on DVD. I find Zac Efron ridiculously attractive. I check People.com at least 3 times a week.

03. Growing up I told everyone Mr. Rogers, of the "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" fame, was my grandfather.

04. I love grocery stores. It's impossible for me to just dash in, grab what I need and head out. I must walk up and down every single aisle before I leave the store. Maybe that's why I end up with so many bags...

05. I am a major procrastinator (as evidenced by the belated nature of this post). I think I'm a stress junkie, because I always operate better when I'm under a lot of pressure to get things done.

06. I compare myself to other woman ALL THE TIME. I'm not crafty, I rarely have time to cook, I'm lucky if I get to blow dry my hair... Sometimes Reece forbids me from reading other blogs because I end up crying about my inadequacies. Apparently I'm very insecure.

07. I have a huge crush on Brian Williams. Yeah, the Nightly News guy. Seriously, I think he's hot.

08. I tell people my favorite movie is "Stranger than Fiction" when I really prefer "Anchorman."

09. I'm an impulse shopper and end up returning 50% of everything I buy.

10. My dream jobs include writing for a travel magazine, running an Inn (think Lorelei on "Gilmore Girls") and owning a Great Harvest bakery in Connecticut.

So there you go. All my dirty laundry, out there for you to smell.

14 comments:

Kimba said...

#6 is part of my every day life. hate it. (and you're one of them, you know! :) )

and brian williams IS hot. he's so serious all the time, loved seeing him on 30 rock. :)

Erin Masi said...

Oh my goodness! Just love Brian Williams!!

I miss you! Come play with me in NYC!!

Muncher Cruncher said...

hahah Jess, I seriously laugh at how much we are the same person...i love it!

AJ and Cindy said...

Are you sure we are not twins separated at birth? Seriously! Except, I check people.com three times DAILY...that's my own demon :) I had fun shopping today (are you going to take back the brown sweater? lol) it was fun to finally see you!

tara said...

well your dirty laundry smells just lovely!

Jessica and Reece said...

Okay Cindy, so I lied. I check it three times a day too. I was just too ashamed to type out the truth. So yes, we are the same person. And yes, I am going to return the brown sweater :)

Abby said...

I'm with you on the huge crush on Brian Williams.

And I am not ashamed.

Amy said...

sniff sniff* smells fantastically normal to me. :)

Serena said...

I want to run an inn! I love "Anchorman!" And, I pretend to be crafty and homey but I think I fail horrible for the most part.

Kristina said...

Umm, LOVE Anchorman, horrible comparer, and Brian Williams is seriously handsome.
You're too funny! I love your blog!

Cindy said...

I loved this post! so... 1- I had no idea you were shy because you/your whole apt. were SO outgoing and when I went over there (like the one time I did) you were all so friendly. 3- you kill me, Mr Rogers... your grandpa? ha ha! 6- I never would have guessed. You seem so confident, secure, crafty, successful so why would you compare?. 9 - me too!

Quinn Wiperi said...

We need to shop together....and then return together. See I figure I satisfy the impulse and then the guilt, it is a system that works wonderfully for me. As for being crafty, go buy something at Quilted Bear and then write your name on the back, that is what I do!

Quinn and Ryan said...

oh dear, that last comment was from me, Ryan. Quinn would never say such things!

Jennifer said...

I love these. Funny you say #6 my husband hates me reading blogs too for the same reason though I have no idea why you of all people woud feel bad! I think people probably read your blog and envy you... I know I have :)

I wouldn't peg you as shy either! You're so sweet!