James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 Months...

Today we celebrated 5 months of Lola Maria.




I've said this about nearly every stage we've experienced up to this point, but I really do think the one we are currently observing is my favorite. I guess that's the thing about being parents -- it just keeps getting better (at least until middle school hits).

At 5 months, Lola is a goofball. She thinks she is hilarious (she takes after her father on this one -- I KNOW I'm hilarious). I catch her laughing at herself about every 10 minutes or so, even when she's not in the greatest mood. She loves the mirror, more specifically the baby who lives in it, and holds regular conversations with herself daily. Unfortunately she chooses the most inopportune times to hold said conversations. She saw her aunt and uncle get up in church to give their mission homecoming talks and decided she wanted to chime in too. Needless to say, we spent the meeting in the VERY back of the chapel.

At 5 months, Lola loves to sing. She sings along in the car. She sings along in church. She sings in the morning. She sings herself to sleep. She sings to Papa while he's trying to study. She sings to Mama while she's on a conference call for work. She even sings in the bathtub. I made her watch "Enchanted" the other day with hopes it would discourage her from bursting into song in public, but it only encouraged her desire to grace the world with her voice.

At 5 months, Lola is loving solid foods. She's not picky. She's tasted ice cream, raspberry jam, chocolate covered pretzels, yogurt, Sour Patch Kids (thanks to Auntie Kelly), Coke (thanks to Grandpa Tony), chocolate shakes (thanks again Grandpa Tony), Caramel Apple suckers, soy milk and oranges. She's like the family puppy -- no one can say no to those begging eyes. She's a sucker for rice cereal and eats 3 times the recommended serving at least 2 times a day. She loves pears but HATES avocado.

At 5 months, Lola is pretty much sitting up by herself. She still hates tummy time, but she's getting better at rolling around. She's fascinated by her own feet and holds staring contests with them whenever she can see them.

At 5 months, Lola is an early riser. No more 10:00 mornings for us. She likes to see Papa off to work, so we are all up by 8:00. I'll take it.

At 5 months, Lola loves to "read." She adores her books (with the exception of the scary one that yells, courtesy of Grandma Thaylene) and sits quietly as we read them to her. This has been such a wonderful thing for me, because I happen to adore reading too.

At 5 months, we have fallen more in love with our Lola girl than ever.

And she's fallen a few times too.




That being said, I'm sure the majority of those who made it to the end of this post are about to fall over too.

7 comments:

siovhan said...

I love this. And the picture you posted on a previous entry with the raised eyebrow?! Priceless.

I love this Lola girl. She is adorable.

Amy said...

I want your couch pillow.

Oh yeah and your babe is pretty cute too. :)

Kimba said...

It's true, each stage is better and better! I honestly think that about twice a week. It's the best.

She is so cute! It was so fun to see her (we missed you though!) when we were home. She is so sweet.

And dude. I thought Wy sleeping till 8 now was awesome! You're already at 8 am!??! Lucky!

Abby said...

That last picture is exactly what I look like after I've eaten three times the recommended daily amount of Captain Crunch.


P.S. WHERE did you get her outfit and shoes?

Jaclyn said...

could she be any cuter?? i think not.

AJ and Cindy said...

Lola is so adorable, I love those last pictures of her falling over :) we have a few like that, too!

Jessica and Reece said...

Abby, the dress is Gymboree, on sale for $5. Check the clearance racks!!! The shoes are courtesy of my little sister, but I'm not sure where she got them.