James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Sugar...

It really wouldn't be the holidays around my house without a little of this...






And of course, a lot of this...









I take my annual gingerbread (well, graham cracker) house VERY seriously. We're talking intense concentration and planning here. Reece enjoys the tradition as well, but does not enjoy the price tag attached to the loads of candy purchased by his wife.

This is what I came up with this year...



Here's a shot at the back, with a look at Reece's skyscraper as well...



I was very pleased with the results. Maybe the maternal creative magic is finally kicking in.



(This fabulous hair shot was taken after we both fell asleep several times during "A Christmas Story")


As for Miss Lola -- two licks of frosting led to a sugar-induced comatose state. Maybe next year...

5 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

i love your hair cut!

Kimba said...

Everyone around me is such a grinch! I totally want to do this, and Caleb is like MEH.

Looks like so much fun!

Emily said...

I think you just inspired me to start baking. Hope your little one is feeling better soon!

steph said...

Awww, I wish I would've done gingerbread houses this year. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun -- and plenty of sugar!.

Courtney said...

Aren't the holidays fun with a little one! And, so sad about the UTI. Is she feeling better?