James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Firsts...

There are many "firsts" a parent can't wait to witness in their child.

First steps.
First smile.
First laugh.
First word.

This weekend, Reece and I witnessed a very unwelcome "first" in our baby's life.

This "first" came with a fever, endless fussing and a refusal to sleep.

This weekend, Lola (and her helpless parents) suffered through her first urinary tract infection.

The worst part was sitting at work and hearing my girl scream through the phone while Reece held her at InstaCare, where she endured a catheter AND a nasty shot. I shed more than a few tears myself, let me assure you.

Let's just hope this "first" is also a "last."

I want my happy baby back.



(Many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for helping both of us feel better)

4 comments:

Kimba said...

What in the?! I'm so clueless, I had no idea little babies could get them. Poor Lola! I hope it's all over, and ya'll are gettin' some rest. Mwah!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that's so sad! Poor girl.

Jordan Ormond said...

If she's anything like Lily, this first won't be the last ... but good luck! Poor little thing!

ashley mikell said...

Lola is so cute! We need to meet her...