James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Strange?...

I've always suspected I am a somewhat strange individual. Last night I literally stayed up making a list in my head of all my quirks (I believe qualifies as a quirk in and of itself).

*I like to turn on the music on Lola's swing, even when she isn't in it. It's good music. Really.

*I prefer movie previews to actual movies. In fact, the only reason I go to the theater is to watch the previews in surround sound.

*I hate socks -- they make me claustrophobic.

*I make up songs about everyone and everything. This tendency has only grown worse since I had my daughter.

*I rarely order anything from a restaurant without changing something about the dish.

*I cannot stand it when our kitchen counters are dirty. I see one crumb, I literally start to tense up.

*I hate Rachael Ray with a deep, fiery passion, but can't seem to force myself to change the channel when her show comes on.

*I refuse to watch/listen to the news on days that I don't work.

*I eat the same thing for breakfast every single morning. Great Harvest toast with spray butter, washed down with a Diet Dr. Pepper. This breakfast has been my champion since I was a Junior in high school.

*I WILL NOT sleep under the sheets. I HATE them. I don't know why, and I won't try to explain it. We've been married 2 1/2 years, and Reece has yet to come close to getting me to cave on this one.

*I am so obsessed with checking things off my many lists that if I do something that wasn't on my original list, I write it in afterward just so I can check it off.

The list goes on and on, and I should probably stop and try to make up for the sleep I lost last night while compiling it.

I know I'm not the only one with quirks, but I may have the strangest quirks yet.

9 comments:

Mal Mecham said...

Oh Jess my dear. Let me give you a few of mine so you'll feel more normal.

*I hate when my socks match my clothes, yet my closet must be color co-ordinated.

*I hate Celine Dione with a passion, but know all the lyrics to her songs. :)

You are the perfect amount of strange.

Jessica said...

Oooh, socks make me claustrophobic too! I can deal with them during the day if I have to, but my feet suffocate at night if I wear them. (Yes, I just said that my feet suffocate...)

AJ and Cindy said...

what a fun list to read ;) I think all those things are why I like you so much :) You are so great!

PS...we don't sleep under sheets, either!

Breezy said...

Jessica, I found your blog and love it! You are a very talented writer. Thanks for entertaining me!

Julie Radmall said...

Jessica-
My favorite thing to eat is whole wheat toast with spray butter, and Nelson absolutely refuses to sleep under sheets. . . I don't think you're quirky :)

MeganandClaudy said...

I do this one too!


*I am so obsessed with checking things off my many lists that if I do something that wasn't on my original list, I write it in afterward just so I can check it off.

You're not alone!

K said...

Jessica, you are so stinkin cute. I love it and i love your blog. I have a new one so here it is: kaliandkawikasrants.blogspot.com :)

Brianne said...

I laughed and laughed and LOVED this post. I do several of those things too. Mark makes up songs about everything and everyone too. He will even sing the tune to a popular song but change the words. After awhile I start to wonder if the words that he has been singing for years are the real words to the song...scary, I know. Plus, I love how cozy my feet feel in those soft socks, but at night, I can't hardly stand to wear socks, I totally feel claustrophobic. Even closed-toe shoes make my feet feel claustrophobic. I guess it's a good thing that I live in California so that I can wear flip flops all year long. Love your posts Jess! And, your little Lola is an absolute doll!

The Grady's said...

I knew we were sisters at heart! I read your list and I seriously thought you were talking about me! The only time I can stand a sheet is when I am sleeping in a hotel and the sheet is the only thing protecting me from the semen and germs that await on the once-a-year-washed polyester bedspread! Amen to hotels that have switched to duvets that get washed DAILY!