James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's All In The Eyebrows...

I am a worrier by nature.

I worry about nearly everything.

I worry that I've offended people.
I worry that I'm not doing my job well enough.
I worry that we'll live in our apartment forever.
I worry that I'm spending too much money on groceries.
I worry I'm going to lose my grip on the stroller during one of our walks and be forced to helplessly watch Lola roll away.
I worry that I'm too hard on my husband.
I worry that people don't like me.
I worry that I'm not doing the whole "mom" thing right.

It's quite ridiculous, really.

Sometimes, my dreaded worrying keeps me from sleeping. I stay up for hours analyzing conversations, exchanges and confrontations.

Why do I worry so much?

I have absolutely no idea.

It's a good thing I married the most carefree man on the planet. When my worries come gushing out like a verbal tidal wave, he just looks at me like I'm slightly nuts -- then rubs my shoulders and tells me that everything will work out. And somehow, no matter how crazy it makes me, he is always right.

Unfortunately, I think I passed my worrying ways on to my daughter in utero.

Here's the proof:






Now I'm worried those darling little eyebrows will stick that way.

9 comments:

Drae said...

I'm the same way! I worry about worrying. Growing up, I was carefree. Then I went on my mission and suddenly things started to matter and I started to worry. I miss how carefree I used to be, but I'm glad that things matter to me too. P.S. She's such a beautiful girl!

Brooke Hill said...

So cute!!! Her cute little eyebrows. They are adorable. I am sure she will be just fine, after all her parents are pretty gosh darn amazing

Amy said...

at least she's a cute worrier! :)

Kimba said...

ah, it just means she's DISCERNING. a wonderful trait, really. :)

i can be a worrier, too. just a bit. but know it's always worse in your head than it really is. it's something i've discovered, and something i always forget. i think a healthy bit of worry is a good thing, it helps me remember to lock the doors, check the stove, etc. etc. it's great you have reece to keep the rest at bay.

Shannon said...

Lol, that is so funny! I am a worrier too... maybe our kids can be worrier friends.

Megan & Matt said...

I so hear you on this one. Matt calls it my "Jacobson nutzy." Let's play for sure! We're going to be in SLC this Saturday and next, should we do lunch?

Abby said...

Hahahahaha. That teddy bear picture is the BEST. And no, they WON'T stick that way.

I am a worrier too. But I worry about things that COULD happen. Like, what if my baby dies of sids? What if she falls down the stairs? What if Brian dies? What if I got kidnapped? What if I got buried alive? And on and on and on.

Serena said...

I'm the exact same way! And my hubby is carefree too! Haha I worry about everything!

MeganandClaudy said...

I worry non stop all of the time too! I think it's a woman thing!