James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Social Commentary...

People camped out last night in the middle of a freezing November in Utah.

We're talking lines that stretched for miles (okay, maybe not MILES).

This time, it didn't have anything to do with the H1N1 vaccine.

And you'll be shocked to learn it wasn't even for the new Twilight movie.

No, no, my friends.

This time, people lined up to be the first to take a bite out of this:



Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

A) Who eats greasy hamburgers for breakfast?
B) Do we REALLY need more fast food restaurants in Utah?
C) I'm pretty sure there's already something comparable all over the state. It's called McDonalds.

I don't know how I feel about living in a country where people risk their health to increase their risk of heart disease.

Too catch a peek at the mania, click here.

14 comments:

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

I totally agree that In-n-Out mania is crazy, but I completely disagree with your assertion that McDonald's is comparable to In-n-Out. It's comparable in the sense that they both make hamburgers ... and that's as far as it goes. Give me my heart disease from a #1 animal style, thank you very much!

Abby said...

I don't even like that place.

Unknown said...

hahahaaa, let me tell you, i am happy that you did this, lol. we had the same thing happen here in san diego, california, it was for "sonic". people lined up the first day, in lines that were over 4 hours long.

my husband wanted to go so bad, because he had sonic before out of state, so the 4th day i gave in and we went, him and our 2 daughters stood in line, 2 hours long, and got their food, this was what my 9 year old said after eating her food....
"daddy! i waited 2 hrs in line for this?!?!" lol lol she was soo dissapointed, lol

Adam and Tara said...

I would kill for an In n Out burger. Its the nostalgia factor, since its in az, for me :)

De Rosa said...

It's amazing!! We are going to tonight if you want to go.

Drae said...

Ha ha... I had to comment. I'm not much of a fast food eater, and I rarely eat hamburgers. (Have you seen what your arteries look like before and after a burger? No Thank You!!) However, there are only 2 places I will get a burger and be happy about it. One is 5 Guys and the other is In-N-Out. The burgers are nothing like Micky D's. They are sooo much better, and believe me, I'm not a promoter of hamburgers. The fries on the other hand? I might as well eat fried cardboard. Thanks for the post. Glad Utah finally got it. :)

Alexis said...

Ummm that is ridiculous. Even though I'm a huge In N Out fan when I'm not preggo - seriously - Utah Valley needs help if this is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Fae said...

I don't agree with your option C, there is no comparison to In-N-Out. I prefer to get my single and fries animal style. And to think that I liked you...tsk tsk.

Jessica and Reece said...

To be fair, I've never actually had an In-N-Out Burger. I sincerely apologize for comparing it to McDonalds. I just don't understand the desire to camp out overnight for fast food.

Amy said...

amen. on all counts.

Unknown said...

I have a lot to say on this, but it's ridiculous, and I even love it and am from California. More to come on my blog.

AZR said...

And they aren't even good. I've never understood the appeal. Now the $6 burger at Carl's Jr. that's something to get excited about.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks