James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Puntins...

I tend to get an idea in my head, then obsess about it for days until I see it through to the end.

My latest idea: taking my daughter to a pumpkin patch.

I have vivid memories from my childhood of picking the perfect pumpkin from the perfect patch. I believe hayrides were involved, along with bags and bags of candy corn.

Lola must have such a memory.

So I hopped on the trusty World Wide Web, and this is what I found:




Since it happened to be about -356 degrees outside when we pulled up to Mabey's Pumpkin Patch in South Jordan, we had to make sure Lola was ready to brave the cold and face the task at hand.



Apparently she though our genius idea was hilarious. She gave us a few chuckles and then proceeded to chew on her turban.

Moving on.

Finding the perfect pumpkin is no small feat, especially in a field like this:



It's amazing, however, how the freezing cold can force two people as indecisive as Reece and I to make up our minds in about three seconds flat.




Even Lola gave her stamp of approval.



The best part of the evening: discovering the fact that toting an adorable baby around gets you a fantastic discount on already-cheap pumpkins.

5 for $6. Thank you Lola girl.



I do believe an Ivins family tradition may have been born today.



Yes sir, I do believe.

6 comments:

Kimba said...

I love family traditions! I firmly believe that THIS, pumpkin patches, trick or treating, hiding Easter eggs, apple picking...these are the things your kids will remember and enjoy. Love it! :) Cutest little Turban Lola ever!

Brianne said...

I LOVE her turban! So funny! And, that pic of her smiling is too cute! Fun memories for your cute family!

Unknown said...

You are gorgeous! So pretty!.!.!.

Abby said...

AHHHHH!!!! I love it! I can't wait to take my little bean to cut down our own Christmas trees.

AJ and Cindy said...

how fun! I am glad you found a pumpkin patch to take Lola to! Looks like you had a great time...great pumpkins to carve :)

steph said...

Awww, I want a pumpkin now!! How fun! And she looks adorable, even all bundled up.