James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, October 19, 2009

Confessions of a New Mother...

*I shaved my legs today for the first time since Lola was born
*I dress Lola up when we leave the house, but let her chill in just a diaper when we are home alone
*I eat cereal or Easy Mac for dinner every night
*I freaked myself out reading ghost stories on the internet until 2 a.m., then proceeded to spend the rest of the night checking on my baby to make sure the ghosts didn't get her
*I can't watch Planet Earth anymore because seeing the animals eat each other makes me cry
*I look at pictures of Lola after I've put her to bed, then go wake her up to kiss her cute little face
*I've given up on washing Lola's binky every time she spits it out onto the floor (which happens to be about 2398489796423 times a day)
*I've gone to work on numerous occasions, only to discover a nice pool of spit up on my shirt
*I can't rest until I've cleaned Lola's little nose out with the blue bulb of death
*We talk about poop more than we did in elementary school
*I panic about "losing" something that turns out to be in my hand at least once a day
*I cry a lot
*I laugh even more
*I was scared to death that I wouldn't be a good parent, and I'm glad Lola is teaching me how things need to be done

5 comments:

Brooke Hill said...

Jess you are so funny! I love it. You are a great mother and care more for your little girl than most people do. She is adorable and I am sure she appreciates all that you do for her. Love ya girl

Jessica said...

Amen sista! I'm so there. I feel so accomplished now that I shower more days than not, LOL. And my cupboards are full of mac n' cheese and Honey Bunches of Oats!

Kimba said...

And if you can imagine, it just gets better and better! Ah! I love it!

PS. looking at your caramel apples on FB again made me want it even more! I've got to stop at Rocky Mountain...or get the supplies to make my own.

Amy said...

:) I'm curious are ALL of these true? For some reason I just don't see you walking around with hairy legs and spit up on your clothes....

Abby said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I have a feeling that I will be going through the same things/emotions as you in the near future. Only now I know not to feel guilty or bad about not shaving my legs or eating cereal for dinner. ;)