James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Painkiller...

Some days, my job is emotionally exhausting.

Today was very much one of those days.

I spent a full 8 hours at work immersed in this. Reading transcripts, studying disturbing details, writing script after script after script.

Just when I felt like I couldn't take another second of it all, we got the word that one of our dear friends lost his mother this afternoon, suddenly and unexpectedly.

I felt heavy. Heavy with sadness. Heavy with emotion. Heavy with disappointment in life's cruelties.

And then I came home to this:



And though my girl proceeded to scream bloody murder for most of the evening, I don't think anything could have sounded more beautiful. Because she's my sunshine. She is my joy. She is my painkiller.



Life really sucks sometimes, but I'm incredibly grateful to have these two to share it with.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so amazing. and your love for your little girl and your hubby makes the world a better place. really.

Abby said...

Oh, Reecey looks so sad. Give him a hug from me, please.

Madelyn said...

Aww that is really cute!

Unknown said...

You are such a great writer!!! I'm sorry I missed you last week, but we do need to get together.!. I need to see your cute face and your cute little daughter too !!!

Kim said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love reading your blog. You are such a wonderful person.

KAT said...

I totally agree. My baby is my painkiller too! Isn't life amazing with a baby in it?