James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Growing Realization...

Today Lola and I had a play date with my good friend Courtney and her beautiful 2-week-old Linley. Upon arrival, I was shocked to see how tiny and fragile little Linley is. Most of our friends have babies who are several months older than Lola, so I'm used to her being the tiny fragile one.

That's apparently not the case anymore.




Looking from Lola to Linley to Lola to Linley, I discovered that my girl is looking more and more like a big girl every day (or as Reece puts it, she's starting to look like a real person).

It's a bittersweet realization for me. I loved my cuddly newborn, but I adore my smiling 7-week-old. She's starting to show some sass (heaven help us), which completely cracks us up. Her thunder thighs are becoming more thunderous. She's finally getting her mama's chubby cheeks.

And just as it was with pregnancy, when at20 weeks I couldn't fathom that bump getting any bigger, I'm sure I will look back on this post a few months from now and wonder how my baby was ever this small.




Happy 7 weeks Lola girl.

1 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Jess, Your Lola is so beautiful!! I love all your posts about her! I can't wait to meet her when I come back to Utah!! Oh how fun!