James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Other Baby...

Today, we are celebrating 26 years of this guy...



Since Lola's birth, she's become the center of our world (not to mention the center of this blog), and though she's awfully cute, she will not be the center of this post.

Reece is a fantastic husband. He rubs my smelly feet. He puts up with my obsessive need to keep the apartment clean. He lets me watch Gilmore Girls when he'd rather be watching Arrested Development (or so he says). He tells me how beautiful I am, even when I'm covered in spit-up and going on an hour of sleep. He has always made it clear that I can do anything or be anything that I want, and I know he means it.

Reece is an equally fantastic father. Before the baby came along, he swore up and down that he would never change a poopy diaper (he has an irrational fear of poop). We even shook on it -- I would deal with poop if he dealt with snotty noses. But from the moment she came into our lives, Reece has done anything and everything required to keep Lola happy. He's changed twice as many poopy diapers as I have, and never complained once. He comes home exhausted from a long day of work and still makes time to play with his girl. He dutifully wakes up every night with Lola, changes her diaper and brings her to me for her midnight snack. He won't let her sleep in her car seat because a nurse told him it would make her head a weird shape. His baby girl is the top priority in his life, and somehow I know she will always be.

Happy birthday to our #1 guy. We love you so much.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Happy birthday to Reece! Good husbands are the best, no?

Abby said...

CUTEST BABY EVER!


oh, happy birthday, reece.



;)

tara said...

Happy Birthday Reeceypooh!

Brianne said...

Happy Birthday Reece! What a sweet post Jessica. And, he sounds like a great husband and father.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday again Reece.
sorry we couldn't make it out but it was good to see you and your beautiful family yesterday. Hope to see you guys again soon.