James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Waiting...

I've determined over the past few days that I am not very good at waiting.

My maternity leave officially began on Monday, seeing as how my due date was Tuesday. Sunday night I breathed a sigh of relief as I headed home from the station. I was free, and it felt good.

Good, that is, until the following realizations hit me like a semi truck:

You can only clean the house so many times before you start to scrub the finish off the counters and floors.
You can only go shopping for baby stuff that you don't need so many times before your credit card gives up the ghost.
You can only lay out the "coming home from the hospital" outfit so many times before you start crying about the fact the baby isn't here to play dress up yet.
You can only bake cookies so many times before the smell of them makes you sick.
You can only do laundry so many times before you run out of laundry to do.
You can only beg your husband to stay home from work and keep you entertained so many times before he threatens to sleep at the office.

By Thursday morning, I had called my boss begging her to let me come back to work.

The good news is, we are down to just the finishing touches in the nursery. I really love the way it has come together. Here's another peek at the nearly-finished product:








Poor Reece. He just wants to be a dad so that his wife can stop bugging him about the details of the baby decor.



Even the diaper bag is packed and ready to go:



You can come now Baby. We're ready for you.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

First of all, why haven't we been hanging out this week?! I have been doing all the same things you have been doing! haha

I love your nursery! I hope to see in person sometime soon!! I also hope NOT to see you at church tomorrow :) but for good reasons, I'll keep my fingers crossed for all three of you :)

Jenna said...

It's so great, Jess! I love it. The nursery, that is. The saddest thing ever is the little ticker on the side of your blog that says, "Your baby is 5 days old."

Let's hope by now she's at least 1 day old.

Kari McCallon said...

I check your blog everyday to see if Baby Girl is here yet. I love the nursery and I hope she comes soon so you can stop waiting.

Kim said...

Oh, Jess... I'm so sorry. I'm sure the days are dragging, but she'll be here soon and you'll be sleep deprived before you know it!