James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 3, 2009

Blessings from Uruguay...

My sister Alysha is serving a mission for our church in Uruguay. I miss her a lot, especially with the baby coming. Sometimes I miss her so much it hurts. But then I get an email like the one I got today, and I realize how grateful I am to have her serving.

Here's an excerpt:

"This week I was really touched by a member who always accompanies us to lessons, his name is Hermes and he is an elderly man who has epilepsy and is a little slower but so good and innocent. He said a prayer and in it asked that the Lord would bless Jess and the baby that the baby would be a future leader in the church and stay strong in the gospel and that they would both have health and strength. It was so beautiful and I wanted to share it with you!"

I have read this little story about five times already in the past 15 minutes, and of course, cannot stop crying. I am so touched by this man who lives so far away -- that he would take the time to pray for my little girl and I. Heaven knows, we will need the blessings in the next few days.

This is just another reason why I love my sister. Her service blesses not only the people around her, but the people who miss her back at home.

4 comments:

Abby said...

That's soooo sweet.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I just read that. It made me cry. Love you.

Alysha and Jason said...

Read it again. Again, it made me cry.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

And again, this made me cry. Love you, Jess.