James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day, Without the Independence...

The 4th of July was a bit different for me this year.

Instead of the usual family barbecue, I got to dive into this little beauty:



Instead of the annual hike to Stewart Falls, I had the pleasure of camping out here:



Instead of an actual American flag, I had to find other ways to be patriotic:




Instead of battling crowds at the parades, I only had one other person to keep me company:



Instead of watching the fireworks, I got to post about them:



Okay, so that last part was a lie. My angelic assignment desk manager took pity on the pregnant lady and let Reece and I escape to the roof for a REAL firework show.

See?







Nothing like a front row seat to all the fireworks in the valley.

I guess there are SOME perks to working at KSL on the 4th.

3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I am glad you got to watch fireworks! I bet that was a great view!

Abby said...

You have a pretty cool job. Even if you do have to work on the 4th.

Brent and Anne said...

At least you got to catch some fireworks! And that's cute Reece came to watch with you!