James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend Update: 36 Down...

So what are you doing in a month?

I'm having a baby.




A little double take for you. The dress did an adequate downsizing job, so I took another picture that's a bit more honest (and unforgiving).

I can't believe we're down to four weeks.

On the one hand, I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to survive another 28 days in this massive body. My ankles hurt, my cheeks are so chubby I look like I'm carrying tennis balls in my mouth and sleep has become a thing of the distant past. On the other hand, I still feel like we have about four million things that must be done before Baby makes her grand entrance. I try to find a balance between the two "hands."

This week, my little crenshaw melon (what the?) weighs almost six pounds! She's packing it on at a rate of about an ounce a day. If she thought she was space-deprived before, her 18 1/2 inch long body is really feeling the crunch now. She's been getting the hiccups at least once a day lately. I always feel so sad for her, because there are very few things I hate more than the hiccups. As far as I know, she's locked and ready in the head down position (at least judging from the constant kicks to the ribs).

This week, Mama is feeling tired. Almost too tired to write anything more about my current state. The belly is reaching epic proportions (I know I say this every week, but every week it gets BIGGER). I've started to get insane side aches when I walk (don't worry, they're not contractions. I hope.), and have given many a jogger quite the scare by bending over on the side of the road, waiting for the pain to subside. One kindly biker even asked me if I was going into labor. I gave him the thumbs up, and he hesitantly went on his way. People are so friendly in Salt Lake.

If we can make it to next week, we will officially be considered full term.

I can't believe this experience is almost over.

And I can't believe there's only one way to get her out.

Shudder.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Woo Hoo Woman! You are almost there! How exciting!

Amy said...

You're beautiful - and good luck with that "only one way" business......

Abby said...

There are actually two ways out, but we won't even think about that other one!

I can't believe how close you are!

Shannon said...

Haha, the dress does downsize! That's why I'm wearing them every day! I'm running out of things to wear.

ps, it was great to see you on Saturday! You look so good. I don't know if I can make it 4 more months. Help!

Brianne said...

Jess, you look so cute! You will be such a great mom and that little baby girl is lucky to come to your family! You'll do great these last couple of weeks. EVERYTHING (all the pains, sleepless nights-not like those will go away anytime soon, heartburn, weight gain, etc.) is worth it when you get to see her cute little face. Have you guys thought of names yet? Or did I miss that post??? Love ya!

Hayley said...

Ooh! Crenshaw melon is yummy, and it is in season right now. It taste a bit like cantaloupe. I highly recommend it.