James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, July 10, 2009

Arrrgggg...

Today I had the first of what will now be weekly checkups with my doctor. That's right folks, we are down to the final stretch of Pregnancy #1.

For the past two weeks, I prepared diligently for this appointment. I went for 8 mile walks. I ellipticized on the elliptical for 45 minutes daily. I ate spicy foods like they were going out of style. I was completely ready to dazzle my doctor with my progression. I could just hear her saying, "Why Jessica! This baby is ready to come out today! In fact, let's just deliver her right here and now!"

Right.

Let's just say I suffered a MAJOR blow when instead, I heard her exclaim (in an annoyingly upbeat manner), "Wow! This little girl really wants to stay in that [massive] belly of yours. Looks like you'll be going at LEAST until your due date."

All that work for nothing. I haven't even started to dilate yet. Baby got a severe talking to on the way to work. She knows where Mama stands. And she knows that she'll be in BIG trouble if things aren't drastically different at next week's appointment.

Did I mention the "checkup" is incredibly uncomfortable? Well, it is.

Also, I feel the need to express to my doctor that I do NOT feel like having a lively conversation when she is in the middle of "doing her job." It's awkward.

So I guess it's back to the grind. I have a date with the elliptical tomorrow morning, and I think I'll stop by the taco carts for lunch.

6 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

A friend of mine had a checkup where her doctor said the same thing-- baby is absolutely staying put until the due date or longer. then she went into labor that night. i'm hoping the same for you!

Kimba said...

8 miles? Good heavens, girl!

It's okay, you can dilate overnight. She's just fattening up, is all! Mmm...baby fat....

ALSO! I got your cute card today, thank you so much! Love your handwriting. Also, hello!? Name?! I LOVE IT. Love. Am in love.

Kimba said...

Also, 36 weeks? I went to ahem, 41! Can you even imagine?! I'm secretly hoping you go a little longer so that I can see her, fresh and pink. :)

But I didn't say that. You didn't hear it from me.

Jenna said...

"Back to the grind" is right.

Let's just say, what got the baby in there will get the baby out. :)

It worked for me, anyhow. But, I was 40 weeks, 6 days when I delivered. So, it might be a while. I'd recommend popping some popcorn.

tara said...

i'll start telling her to come..don't worry..i'll have this solved soon.

Abby said...

Ummm..I've NEVER worked out as much as you do. And, truth be told, I probably won't start while I'm pregnant.

I'm lazy.

And if you're getting the results you are, my baby is probably going to stay in there for a year.