James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekend Update: 37 Down...

How thrilled am I to have made it this far?

I'll show you how thrilled..



Here's a rare frontal view...



I have officially carried my little chicky to term. Full term, that is. I've done my part and now I'm hoping she starts to do hers (like, soon).

The fabulous part about being 37 weeks along is that my daughter's lungs are fully matured and ready to adjust to life outside the cozy womb. The bad news about being 37 weeks along is that I can't turn around without smacking something (or someone) with the giant, prize-winning watermelon attached to my stomach. I LITERALLY got stuck in a public bathroom stall the other night. Luckily, a cleaning lady found me in my desperate state and held the door open while I maneuvered myself free. You think I'm making this up. I assure you, I'm not.

This week, Baby Girl weighs more than 6 pounds. She's measuring over 19 inches from head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard), and getting extremely frustrated with her current living situation. I'm hoping she will get so fed up with the lack of space that she'll pack up and move out within the next week.

This week, Mama is all talk. As much as I say I want to go into labor immediately, I am actually quite terrified. I didn't even know how terrified I was until the dreams started showing up every night. Dreams about labor. Dreams about delivery. Dreams about the epidural. Dreams about my little sister pushing me off the hospital bed AFTER I had my epidural so I couldn't move and had to give birth on the gross floor.

For now, I will focus on checking off boxes on my long list of To Do's.

Until next week (because let's face it, there will most likely be a next week)...

8 comments:

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

The polka dots and stripes in your picture are giving me a headache. I love however that you know what a swiss chard is, because I had to google it after reading your post.

Kimba said...

Ah! I love it! Alright, I feel your pain, but seriously. That's fabulous. :)

I never had ANY dreams about labor! I felt kinda lame! Don't worry though, I promise, it'll go just fine. It's like everything else, the anticipation is a million times worse. When you're in it, you're in it.

Like, how I stop freaking out about a paragraph into my sacrament talks. :)

Jessica said...

So exciting!! Being full term is a great feeling. (Knowing that she's fully cooked, not so much the enormousness of it...)

Amy said...

You are as lovely as ever! Here's hoping you do go into labor this week....or not. :)

Abby said...

That top one is the most excellent picture of you ever.

So excellent that I'm almost tempted to print it out and put it in my journal with the caption "Most Excellent Pregnant Picture Ever".

Hang in there, sister. Soon you will be wishing time would slow down and that your baby girl would stop growing so fast.

Kari Lyn said...

Don't worry about the labor part. I was nervous but ya know, you get the job done and aren't during it! Your motherly instincts will kick in! You will do great!!! Just remember, walk the next day! It will help.

Cindy said...

Ok how are you 37 weeks pregnant and you still look so cute and small for someone that far along? Jealous. Happy pushing.

AJ and Cindy said...

You are looking fabulous! I can't believe you are at 37 weeks! Let us know if you need anything :) Also, we should go walking, don't be afraid to call me lol, although, I don't know if I can do 12 miles!