James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Right on Target...

Today I was navigating my way through Target's baby section when all of a sudden, something really weird happened.

I leaked.

I apologize if this is too graphic for some, but it kind of freaked me out. Though I've never been known for my iron bladder (quite the contrary, in fact), I've always managed to keep it under control.

As I waddled my way to the public (eewww) restroom to make things right again, a thought popped into my mind:

DID MY WATER JUST BREAK???

I immediately called Reece, which turned out to be a big mistake.

"GO HOME IMMEDIATELY!"
"CALL THE DOCTOR!"
"THE INTERNET SAYS TO SPIN THREE TIMES AND LAY ON YOUR LEFT SIDE FOR 30 MINUTES!"
"WHY WERE YOU AT TARGET ANYWAY? HOW MUCH MONEY DID YOU SPEND?"

His thoughts tend to be a bit jumbled when he panics.

By this point, I was quite sure that the "leakage" was just a result of my kicky daughter taking out her wrath on my poor bladder. But my husband could not be succored.

In order to put his mind at ease, I popped in an episode of Gilmore Girls, spun around three times and camped out on the couch until he got home.

Turns out, I was right. But Reece's reaction was totally worth wetting myself in a public place.

(SIDENOTE: Reece insists that I clarify that he did not, in fact, suggest that I spin around three times)

9 comments:

steph said...

Thaaaat's hilarious. It's endearing to hear how concerned, involved, and knowledgeable daddy-to-be is.

Abby said...

Thank you for writing about this. Now I won't feel embarrased when it happens to me.

Kristin said...

Haha! That is too funny. You crack me up!

Amy said...

I'm dying laughing.

Unknown said...

this is hilarious.

however-it has caused me to make this note to my future self-

think long and hard before getting pregnant-husband goes crazy and i will wet myself.

you are hilarious. thank you for making my day.

Brooke Hill said...

Such a Jessica thing to do! I love it! Cant wait till you have that cute baby of yours!

Kimba said...

And see, Target makes me pee my pants all the time! :)

Man, I love that store.

Glad it was just that! That baby still needs some baking.

(PS - That last one is always Caleb's reaction to, when I mention I've been at Target)

Megan & Matt said...

Haha! I am laughing out loud right now!

MeganandClaudy said...

Love it!