James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Update: 33 Down...

This pregnancy has officially slowed to a snail-like pace.



I, however, continue to grow more ginormous at the speed of light.

Baby Girl weighs a whopping four pounds (roughly the equivalent of a pineapple... is it weird that I'm now craving pineapple?), and is passing the 17 inch mark. She got the hiccups for the first time the other night, and it was pretty hilarious to witness. Reece and I couldn't stop laughing. The entertainment this kid provides is priceless. She's measuring right on track, and I even got a promise from my doctor that she won't be anywhere near 10 pounds at birth. I just needed to hear it spoken aloud. My poor, poor mother.

Mama has officially gained 17 pounds to date, and will likely pack on much more before this whole thing is over. My feet and ankles are really starting to balloon by the end of the day, a phenomenon that is mildly fascinating to observe. The belly is becoming awkwardly large, and tends to get in the way of things, but I have grown to love the bump and the little person responsible for it.

Seven more weeks people.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

you look tiny in that picture by the way. There is no way I would guess that you are 33 weeks pregnant!

Kimba said...

Yeah! And I can promise, they're even more entertaining when they're not inside you. :) I swear, we spent HOURS on the bed just staring at him sleep. We'd be like, "Ooh! He moved! How cute!!"

You are lookin' fabulous, and have I mentioned that I'm super excited for you? Maybe a few times? Well. I am.

Serena said...

How exciting! I love how you compare her size to fruit... it helps! You still look great!

steph said...

Geepers you've been busy! Hooray for parties and showers. You're still looking lovely. What's your secret for keeping the baby weight under control?

elowe said...

You look fabulous and I can't wait for you to have your little one. I had forgotten how soft and precious little newborns are. You're getting there!