James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, June 29, 2009

Construction Zone...

That's a fairly accurate description of our extra bedroom/storage room/soon-to-be nursery.

We are currently working on (or at least thinking about starting to work on) about four million projects (sanding the glider, covering the cushions, finding bedding for the twin, repainting the bookshelf, searching for a cheap dresser etc. etc. etc.) in preparation for Baby's arrival. As much as I would like to say we are making steady progress, it would be a horrible lie. And though I may exaggerate from time to time, I never lie.

Tonight, however, Reece set out to conquer the ultimate beast. The Big Kahuna. The job we've been putting off for about two months.




It started out well. Reece was happy. Reece was confident. Reece was unstoppable.



The situation quickly began to deteriorate about 20 minutes in, when I heard cats hissing and husband hissing back. About three minutes later the cats came flying out into the hallway (involuntarily). I tried to help, but I've got this thing to haul around:



I quickly rounded up the felines and shut the three of us safely in the bedroom. From there, I heard all manner of questionable vocabulary streaming from the next room. At one point, I thought I might see a hammer coming through the wall.

But the storm did clear. And instead of the pile of shredded wood I expected to see, I walked into the room across the hall to find this:





Thanks to my dedicated husband, my kid has a place to sleep!

Now all we need is a mattress.
And the sanded glider.
And the repainted bookshelf.
And some shelves.
And the framed prints hanging on the wall.
And bedding for the twin bed.
And the twin bed.
And the perfectly cheap dresser.

We still have five weeks though, right?

Right.

On a somewhat unrelated (but actually completely related) note, here's a peek at the crib bedding:




A bird-themed nest for our little chick.

We are officially in business.

10 comments:

Candace said...

Jess, the nursery is going to be adorable! I LOVE the crib bedding you found. Good luck with the rest of your list, or good luck Reece with the rest of the list. I'm excited you are so close!

Kimba said...

Mmm, I love Dwell Studio. :) Gorgeous! And you'll get there, don't worry!

If it's any consolation, ahem, you might be late. :) More weeks....

Although that is not what you want to hear. I know. Trust me, I know.

Amy said...

So cute! I think sleeping is probably the most important thing anyway....well...that and the glider. :)

Brent and Anne said...

The crib is beautiful! And I love the bedding - soo cute!

Brooke said...

I LOVE the bird quilt! So precious! I can't wait to see baby "Reecica"! (Your very own celeb couple name.... I felt like it was time you two needed one! haha)Love you!

Abby said...

Mmmm love it all.

elowe said...

You are HILARIOUS! I got a good laugh while reading your update!! That was a great belly shot and I'm so glad a hammer didn't come through the wall :-)

Unknown said...

Yay, I LOVE your crib!!! I love the dark color, it is so pretty, exactly like the one I want.!. How exciting :)

Kim said...

I love the bedding! Reese did a great job with the crib too.

Shannon said...

That is the same crib we're looking at! How do you like it? We've seen it at Target and RC Willey, so we're wondering which place has a better/stronger one?

Also, love that bedding. Boy bedding is hopelessly hard to find.