James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Doctor, Doctor...

This morning I woke up and wanted to die.

I suddenly felt as though I had been transported back to the worst weeks in my first trimester, where food sounded about as appealing as making out with Bill Clinton, and my stomach pitched an all out revolt against me. Not pleasant.

On top of this blessed feeling, I had a doctors appointment. Blood drawing was involved. Again, not a great combo when you are already pulling an "Exorcist" over the toilet. At least I get a little girl out of all of this.

On a lighter (and less graphic) note, baby Ivins is growing strong. We heard her heartbeat again, and it was just as fast and steady as last time. It really is the coolest noise you will ever hear. I got in trouble for not gaining weight this month (what a novel idea), but I'm pretty sure that can be attributed to this morning's unwelcome and unintentional purge-fest.

So now I sit, curled up in the beloved Snuggie, hoping the dreaded morning sickness goes back where it belongs.

4 comments:

tara said...

i sorry you're not feeling well...you start feeling better so altantic food becomes a craving and not an icky..cuz we're doing it soon!

Kimba said...

Yes, the gaining weight part is odd - but do it. :) It's GOOD weight! Baby weight! The best (only) kind.

Jessica and Reece said...

About the weight thing- I really am trying. Just ask Reece, I am eating more than I ever have! But then baby gets mad and I get sick and the scale stays on the same number. I think I'll go get a donut tomorrow.

steph said...

Booo. You're out of the first trimester, why are you sick again? Hmmm. I'm not sure I like this pregnancy idea. Then again, you make it look so attractive.