James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 3, 2008

Perfectly Gloomy...

I adore gloomy days.
You know the ones. The sky is a particularly bright color of gray... just waiting to send down some rain, or snow, or both (this is Utah, after all). The air is crisp, and just cool enough, but not too cold. The ground... covered with leaves... is still wet from the overnight sprinkle.
When such a day graces us with its presence... I immediately launch into my "gloomy day" routine. I throw on my oversized NYU sweatshirt. I put on my squishy socks, courtesy of Bath and Body Works. I light my pumpkin spice candle. I make myself a cup of cocoa.. and throw in a spoonful of vanilla ice cream (because cocoa isn't cocoa without ice cream). Then I proceed to open a window, to let the "gloomy" smell freshen up my abode... curl up on the big green couch and dive into my latest read (Isabel Allende's House of Spirits).

Gloomy is good, people. Trust me.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm....I want somma that!

Serena said...

hey old neighbor!!! Just had to say you guys look cute and happy!

Kristina said...

I also love gloomy gray days! Kurt thinks I'm crazy.

Marissa Waddell said...

AMEN. wasn't this weekend and today like gloomy paradise? LOVE it!

Kari Lyn said...

I AGREE!!!!

Abby said...

Oh, Jessica, Jessica. You were made to live in Oregon, my dear. Today would have brought you to tears with its copious amounts of gloominess.
At any rate, The House Of Spirits is one of my top 10 favorites. I had such a hard time not putting it on my top 5 list.
Also, Brian just read Allende's Zorro and adored it. Maybe Reece would like it, too?

Kimba said...

Augh! House of Spirits=favorite book. She's an excellent writer!

And I am lovin' your rainy day. My kind of day!