James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Get Ready...

I am completely going to copy my good friend Kim (who I desperately want to be like), and attempt to write one post, every day, in honor of National Blog Posting Month, which happens to be this month. So rejoice, the three of you who actually read my ramblings, because the ramblings are about to get more consistent.

This is
day two, and I feel good so far.

The only significant tidbit of information that I have to offer is this slightly stressful news: I am, once again, returning to zombie land, otherwise known as the morning show. I will remain in the land of the living dead for two months, until the day before Christmas, to be exact.

And in a futile attempt to get "pumped" about this major change in my life, I am going to convince myself of the following perks.

01. I will become somewhat like a bear, hibernating every day of the cold winter, warm under my covers, as the snow and rain and slush pelts the poor suckers who have to be out and about during the day.

02. As daily holiday snacks fill the newsroom (see last post)... I will miss their arrival, and appear just after their departure each night. Which means I COULD actually avoid several holiday pounds.

03. I will already be adjusted to the time change when we arrive in Italy the day after Christmas, having lived on "Italy" time for two months.

As of midnight tonight, I will undergo the transformation from this:



To this:



The morning show has been known to turn innocent producers into green little girls with overalls and British-looking teeth. ("Zombie" courtesy Google Images)

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love that you're doing NaBloPoMo. Kim (the blog queen) introduced me to it as well. Nay, she TOLD me to do it. And because I pretty much do whatever Kim and Oprah tell me, I'm doing it, too.

siovhan said...

first jobs in news are good for one thing: to prepare you for kids. this schedule prepares you for nothing else in the real world. my body clock is ALL screwed up.

Kristin said...

National Blog month? That is awesome, I've never heard of it. I say your schedule is totally justified, since you'll be going to Italy! Who really wants jetlag when they first get there?

Kimba said...

You are SO my hero. On that kind of schedule?!?!

Also? I feel the need to reiterate my jealousy about your Italy trip. That is all. :)