James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FINALLY...



TWO YEARS of backbiting, talking without really saying anything, switching positions, schmoozing the powerful, becoming "best friends" with former enemies and some pretty funny SNL skits... have finally come to a long awaited conclusion tonight.

As I headed to the polls today to cast my vote for president, I couldn't help but feel a sense of overwhelming relief. Gone are the days that I write dozens... and dozens... and dozens... of stories about Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin. Gone are the ridiculous attacks on personal character... in place of actual, thought provoking discussion of important issues. Gone are the non-stop political discussions at home, at work, and even at my neighborhood gas station.

I may or may not be slightly jaded by American politics.

But I am optimistic about the future, because fresh starts are always nice, and now... more than ever... desperately needed.

Thoughts?

1 comments:

Kimba said...

Just amen. I am SO SICK of all the politics, and hope it dies down quickly. I'm starting to get worried it won't, but I hope it does.