James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Giving Thanks: Part One...

Thanksgiving happens to be my ALL time favorite holiday. I mean, who can resist the smell of baking turkey, stuffing, yams, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, pies galore, apple cobbler and vanilla bean ice cream... to wash it all down?

My family caught the "humanitarian" bug... went all selfless on me... and decided to hit the road to build homes in Mexico over the holiday.
So... after a major tantrum that would rival the efforts of most two year olds... I convinced my lovely mother to celebrate Turkey Day, today.

*And celebrate, we did.







There is truly nothing more satisfying (or sickening) than stuffing yourself to the point of explosion.

And that's just round one... out of FOUR.

Coming up this week: Thanksgiving with the ward on Wednesday, Thanksgiving with Reece's family on Thursday... and Thanksgiving a la Jessica and Reece this weekend, as some good friends of ours join us in our attempt to create our very own feast.

Too much of a good thing?

I don't think so.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! Wanna know who else has that china pattern? My grandma and Dolly an old school 'working gal'. See here:
http://egbertblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/ketchikan.html

Kristina said...

Mmmmmm, thanksgiving. We'll be driving to Tucson on Thanksgiving, not to see family but to visit an empty house. Haha, it will be fun.
Hey, I made those pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and took them to work and I got all kinds of compliments on them, including, "These are the best pumpkin cookies I've ever had!" I usually tell everyone how easy something was, but I decided to keep these a secret. :D

aubrie said...

Sounds fun! There can NEVER be too much Thanksgiving. Glad to know you're going all out :)

ECR said...

I can only say I'm crushed you didn't make your goal of 30 posts for November. Yes I've checked every day.

Mal Mecham said...

You're like Rory and Lorelai!! Jess, I think that you need to watch A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving in honor of your amazing Thanksgivingness...