James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 4, 2008

Wisdom from the Overnight Shift...

I survived my first night of the living dead. And I am already discovering ways to ease the pain. For my fellow insomniacs... a few tips, from a semi-pro.

01. Bring snacks. Yes, you will get hungry. And you most likely won't eat much the next day, so munch away!
02. Wear yoga pants that somewhat resemble dress pants. Hopefully, no one will notice.
03. Consume as little (gasp) caffiene as possible -- it makes it easier to sleep during the day.
04. Prepare yourself for total incoherence by about 4 am. Suddenly, EVERYTHING seems funny.
05. Don't wear makeup, stick to glasses. Then you don't have to bother with washing your face before you collapse into bed.
06. Load up on Tylenol -- the migraine will find you.

I actually enjoyed having the whole day to sleep, lounge, read and avoid any sort of exhertion. But I won't lie, the fact that I have to head back to work in less than 2 hours makes me question my sanity.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Uuughhh! on one hand I feel really bad for you, and on the other I'm really excited that you get to do this because it sounds thrilling. So....Good luck and GOOD NIGHT!

Mrs. Gibbons said...

Oh man...I've never had to experience this schedule myself. But, I know that when Jason had to do it he was mega holy cow overly onery on a consistent basis. Our living situation wasn't great...there were barking dogs and a screaming 5 year old stampeding around like elephants all morning and noon. I can't say I envy you.

Reddeye said...

This is Dianna. I've thought about you the past two days when I was getting up for work and realizing you were just getting to sleep. I hope things are going well though, we've missed seeing you once or twice each day!

brookie84 said...

Dang girl you are crazy!!! But I am sure that those news casts are amazing!!!! ;) Love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I totally feel for you. Good luck, especially with the no-caffeine thing. I can only hope that I never have to do a morning show...

And by the way, your response to my Breaking Dawn review made me sooo happy! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was like... um, this book does NOT fit in with the other 3.

Twilight Book 1 for LIFE!!!