James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, August 8, 2008

T minus 5 hours...

Well, I did it. I survived my first week of zombie life, and can honestly say that it's not as horrible as I thought it would be. There are some definite perks to the INSANE schedule -- like, getting to sleep in until 3pm and not feeling bad about it. But I can also honestly say that I have never been so happy to reach the weekend.

Is anyone else completely stoked for the Opening Ceremony tonight? I have been and always will be a crazed Olympic nerd. I am a sucker for all the cheesy, inspirational unity crap that NBC throws at me every 2 years. I cry when I see the daily recaps, set to an emotionally charged soundtrack. My stomach drops for the athletes every time they step up for their events. I scream at the TV when things get intense.

Basically, I still think that if I just get back in the pool and start training again, I will have my chance at Olympic glory. Then, after 4 laps and realizing that I can no longer breathe/move my legs -- I towel off, grab an ice cream cone and sit my fat tooshie on the couch to watch the professionals do it for me.

People, I love the Olympics.

*I may feel differently about the games this year, because working at an NBC affiliate means my newscasts will be filled to the brim with all things Beijing, and I might get sick of watching the same race over... and over... and over... and did I mention OVER again?

3 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

I can't believe you've been working all night long girlie!! THAT is dedication :) I am so excited for the Olympics as well. I am also with you on the fact that I ALWAYS find myself tearing up watching as well. I mean, who can help it when you have Gloria Estefan singing "Reach" to a slow mo version of Kerri Strug winning gold with a 1 footed vault landing??? I'm sure even grown men had tears at that point....right???
Have I mentioned that I think you and I are basically the same person? I read your blog and laugh so hard because I'm like....frozen yogurt, Check. Diet DP, Check. Running, Check. N*Sync, check...oh crap that one slipped. ;)

MeganandClaudy said...

we will DEF have to meet up at graduation. Are you going to the thurs thing? I am, but my husband can't get it off work, and my family can't come either, so I'll be all alone on Thurs! So if you're there def say hi and we'll take some pics :) I still have the same number, so give me a call!

Mal Mecham said...

Jess...welcome back to the land of the living, even if it's only for the weekend! Once you've permanently rejoined us, we need to plan our Gilmore Girls night!