James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gradumentation...

Let me tell you a little secret...

I've been known to fall asleep during graduations on 8 hours of sleep.
So I knew it would be tough to go to my own college graduation on zero sleep.

I headed straight down to Provo from my last morning on the zombie shift (don't worry... Reece drove) to slip on my cap and gown and make it official.
I was thrilled to see some of my old broadcast buddies... they played a major role in keeping me awake throughout the entire thing, even when the lights periodically went down.

The definite highlight of the ceremony was stepping up to walk across the stage and hearing this name: Jessian Marie Ivins.
I hesitated. Surely this guy didn't just slaughter the name Jessica. And my middle name is Maria, not Marie. But he got Ivins right. Seriously?
So, with a kind but firm shove from the lady directing traffic... I walked across the stage to accept a diploma for Jessian Marie Ivins. Hope she's happy.

I had enough energy left to take the ceremonial pictures that every BYU grad MUST take. (Please forgive my disgustingness... ZERO sleep people):




Directly following pictures... I went home and crashed for what I thought was a good 7 hours. But having fallen asleep in my sister's room, I fell prey to her insane clock that tricked me into believing it was actually 3 hours LATER than it actually was. Don't worry. I slept until 4 PM on Saturday, so all is well.

9 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh Jessian Marie, you crazy kook! Also, can you tell that I have shared this gymnastics news with everyone I've seen since you told me last night - my entire ward is pretty pissed.

Abby said...

Congratulations you college grad you! Graduating from college is hot. I can't wait for that day. Although, I think I would have made that stupid guy say my friggin name right! After all the time and money you spent there, they'd better get it right!

tara said...

Congrats lil' lady! Don't worry my name pronunciation was screwed up...I gave the guy my name and he just paused..blank stare..and then said something I couldn't understand- I was kind of listening and kind of focusing on not tripping in front of everyone Ü But way to go you edumacated woman!

Kimba said...

Well I think you look fabulous for "no sleep"! Congrats! I'm only a little jealous, and a whole lot excited for you. :) Yeah for walking! And for nailing a big 'ole fat fabulous job! I bow to you from my position here, filing...and stuff.

Mal Mecham said...

Congats Jessian...wow, how sad that I've known you since high school and I didn't know your real name..

Kari Lyn said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! We need to celebrate! Even though it has been a little while. You have a diploma now you smart girlie girl.

Tyson and Heather said...

congratulations!!! i still have 2 classes to finish, yikes!

MeganandClaudy said...

i didn't think you looked like you had been up all night, you actually looked lovely as always and I'm so glad I got to bump into my favorite Italian producer and sit by her to make commencement fly by!

siovhan said...

Oh you should have sat over by us. We were playing testimony bingo with the speeches. Ha. Jeff and I tied.

Congrats to us on being gradumacated. And how did they get your name wrong and they got mine right?!