James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Saying Goodbye Sucks...

There is a legendary place called the MTC, and I am not a fan.

It has shown a tendency to eat my siblings.

First my brother, in the infamous weep-fest that was January of 2008 (with 3 Rogers girls and only one Rogers boy, the estrogen always takes over):




Now my sister, in what will forever be known as the day that I sobbed through the outdated mullet-fest that is the "Called to Serve" movie:



As grumpy as it makes me to be forced to share my beloved baby brother and sister with the people of California and Uruguay, I have to say how deeply proud I am to be their big sister. Saying goodbye sucks, especially when you feel like you are giving up your best friend for months and months, but I am happy to say that having two missionaries in the family makes me feel truly blessed.

If only they hadn't gone at the same time... Christmas just won't be the same without naked Adam and Alysha the walking musical.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I too hate the MTC. I shed so many tears I walked out of that place 5 pounds lighter. But they DO come home, and thank goodness my little brother's two years are almost up. I feel you pain though!

Kristina said...

First of all, that's funny that you know Carissa (Ockey) Lang. BYU's such a small world. Second of all, the MTC is such a sad place! Not to mention it's like a compound, lol. They'll be home before you know it, I promise! Third of all, I tagged you on my blog!

Kimba said...

Isn't that video TERRIBLE?!?! I lost it during the "Isn't it about time" ommercials beforehand. And I wasn't even pregnant yet.

Alysha and Jason said...

I miss you Jess. Come see me. Pwease.