James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Long, Farewell...

Today was my last day as a TV news intern at KSL. I have LOVED my experience there, and I was sad to say goodbye. Here are some highlights from my four month stint in the newsroom:

*Interviewing President Hinckley's sisters-in-law and brother-in-law
*Knocking on doors, asking people if I could use a bump key to break into their house (I sucked, by the way. I couldn't break into a house if my life depended on it.)
*Sitting in on the state legislative session (boring, but fascinating at the same time)
*Crossing 3 lanes of traffic with a photographer on the freeway to film a truck explosion
*Doing a story on 5 tiny abandoned kittens...I take my work very seriously, and felt the need to play with my subjects in order to build a connection :)
*Climbing through 20 feet of snow in stiletto heels almost every day (lesson #1: ALWAYS carry a pair of snow boots in your bag during the winter)
*Riding around with the HILARIOUS photogs
*Being sent next door to the LDS Business College after the Assignment Desk manager heard (over the police scanners) about a sexual assault in the elevators...("Ride each elevator until you figure out what is going on." Right.)
*Freaky protests at the Capitol (gorilla suits, duct tape, hissing)
*Working up the guts to ask for an exclusive interview with the mother of a woman being held in prison for identity theft

I better stop myself before I put people to sleep, but I have to reiterate how much I loved being in a professional newsroom, working with professional newsmakers. Sigh.

The good news is that I might be joining the KSL team soon...and...here is the unbelievable part...I WOULD GET PAID! Gasp! I can't go into details just yet, but I will keep you all posted as this story unfolds :)

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

ya i know rod zundle.... no biggy

tara said...

good luck lady! i know some people who know some people..if you know what I mean Ü

Jennifer said...

Good luck!!! I hope you get it!

Jenna said...

I hope it works out!!