James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Jack the Cat

Hello. My name is Jack Alope Ivins, and I'm a cat. I'm a pain in my dad's butt. An average day in my life begins with exercise. I enjoy jumping on Mom and Dad's bed at 5:30 AM on the button. This lasts as long as I can make it, until dad throws me out. I then move on to the bathroom, where I find my nemesis, the roll of toilet paper. The battle between us lasts for several hours, until he is defeated and his remains are spread throughout the house. Victoriously, I strut into the bedroom to show off my kill to my still sleeping Dad. I can only stand waiting for him to wake up for so long before I take matters into my own hand. I sneakily stalk up onto his chest and lay down with some force by his face and wait for his eyes to open. When he opens his eyes I give him two options: Wake up and feed me now, or get punched in the face/bit on the nose. He usually chooses the latter. I let out my shrill battle cry and proceed to pummel his face. Even blankets pulled up over his face cannot stop me! The battle ends with my victory and him getting up to prepare my victory meal. Through this routine, I have trained him to do what I want when I want it.

It begs the question: Who owns who?

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Ah yes. Cats, the "female" animal, will always win over Reece's soft heart. :) (Caleb is the same with the mutt though...that dog has him wrapped!)

Alysha and Jason said...

I want a kitty!