James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, April 18, 2008

Can't Every Single Day Be Like This?...

Today...drumroll please...I have the day off! The ENTIRE day off. No work. No internship. I know what you must be thinking, but...

No, I didn't call in sick.
No, I didn't pretend to have car troubles.
No, I didn't blow off any obligations.

So what have I been up to on this glorious day of freedom? Let me enlighten you...

01. Slept in until 10.
02. Cleaned my house (in my underwear, mind you. I get a little crazy on my rare days off).
03. Played with the cat, suffered some severe lacerations.
04. Went to the gym...ran on the treadmill...lifted weights for about 5 minutes (I HATE lifting).
05. Took a 45 minute shower, resulting in smooth, shaven legs (for the first time in about a month).
06. Made myself a luxurious breakfast wrap with a cold can of Diet Dr. Pepper.
07. Read my book...not for an assignment, just for fun.
08. Chatted with my good friend Tara on Gmail. Love the Gmail.
09. Painted my toe nails while browsing my favorite blogs.
10. Wrote this post.

It's only 3:13 in the afternoon...just think of the possibilities! I should make a living doing this "relaxation" thing. I am beginning to think that I have a knack for it. Seriously, I just found my calling.

More on the second half of "Jessica Ivins' Day Off" later tonight. Get Pumped.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You know, there isn't one thing on that list that I don't desperately want.....mmmmm this might be my new Saturday routine!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Jessica, you are adorable. I am so jealous of your day off...when can i get me one of those? And YES i'll be your personal trainer any time ;)

Mark Weinberg said...

You put to good use a much deserved day off. Congrats! I enjoy your blog, and I agree that Thursday is again complete now that the office has returned. Last night's episode was amazing.

Mal Mecham said...

Is that what a day off is supposed to be like? Okay...on Tuesday (my supposed day off of work) I'm going to follow your pattern and see if it works for me...Love you Jess!