James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, February 22, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

1. Sitting on our green velvet couch, holding my sleeping kitten, watching the 10 o'clock newscast and "letting" Reece rub my feet.

2. Working out. My father-in-law is kind enough to let us use his tennis club membership (hurray for not paying a monthly fee to work out at the meat market that is Gold's). I'll admit, I got a little lazy over the holidays, and it feels so good to be on a treadmill again...

3. Cooking. Reece and I would rather go to the grocery store, pick up some high-quality ingredients, come home and whip up our own culinary masterpiece than go to a restaurant. Last night we made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries. Amazing.

4. Arrested Development. I got Reece all three seasons on DVD for Valentines Day. There is nothing like a night with the Bluth family.

5. KSL. I started my internship there in January. I LOVE it. Two thumbs up for a professional newsroom (a nice break from my OTHER job...boo for retail. Didn't I already graduate from highschool?). I make Reece watch every newscast. I am now an official news junkie.

6. Nesting. I found a second pillow for the green monster (our $50 DI couch...a real treasure) at Target today for $10. We got the first pillow right after our wedding, and we fight over it all the time...a real source of contention. Marriage Lesson #1: Always have at least 2 pillows on your couch. Reece gave me "decorating money" for Valentines Day, so I feel a trip to IKEA coming on very soon.

7. Jack. He is our baby. Well, our kitten, if you want me to be literal. But he may as well be our child. Take this for example: Tonight was the only night I had off this week, so we decided that we would go to dinner and a movie to celebrate. When I called Reece on my break to confirm plans, I was met with this response:

"Well, do you think we should call the restaurant and pick up our food To Go? We could get a movie from Redbox...I just don't think we should leave Jack alone for that long."

Secretly, I was thinking the same thing.

8. Days Off. Well, I WOULD love them if I ever got any.

9. Teasing Reece. He really is a five-year-old, trapped in a 24-year-old body. In a way, I already have two babies.

10. Planning our one year anniversary trip. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Mrs. Gibbons said...

Love Your Blog! And P.S. I put you in my fav bloggers as Sexica. It warmed my heart a little.

Reddeye said...

Correction: Your father-in-law forced his favorite son to relinquish his membership because he was "too old" for it and give it to you.

Jennifer said...

Haha, I do the SAME thing with Snoop, that is so funny!!