James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, September 9, 2013

Second first day of preschool...

The day we've all been anxiously awaiting (well, except for maybe James) for weeks now... finally arrived.


 The bird is back in school.
Can a get an hallelujah?

Since preschool tuition in Seattle rivals tuition at most universities ($450 a month - just thinking about it gives me hives), we decided to go with a co-op this year.
I've teamed up with three other moms in our neighborhood, and we ordered a homeschool Pre-K program to be our guide.

We'll take turns teaching, which means I'll be "Miss Jessica" once a month.
I'm kind of terrified, but hey, life's about getting out of one's comfort zone, right?

Lola has been dying to get back to school since her last day of school four months ago.
Apparently Miss Independent has grown bored with us and is ready for some time away from the nest.

She told me this morning that though she loved me, I wasn't invited to class and that I shouldn't pick her up for 16 days.

No more, no less.

James, on the other hand, was a hot mess without his beloved sissy.
"I go to school too? Pweese mama!  Where my sissy?  I sorry! I sorry!"

We are clearly a drama-free family.

Poor little guy only calmed down when we stopped for a Slurpee on the way home.
Food solves everything.
At least that's what the vinyl above our mantle says...

Lola was beaming when I picked her up from class, and spent the next hour filling me in on every juicy detail.
This girl is a social butterfly and can't get enough of her little pals.

I'm so glad she's adjusting well - we were both a little devastated she wouldn't be going back to Mrs. Shauna's again this year.

---

As a bit of a side note, my daughter insisted we stop at the Seattle Center on our way to get my morning coffee (aka $1 Diet Coke from McD's) so she could "make poses by the wamboob."

We really need to teach this girl how to say bamboo, but probably won't because I love her semi-offensive version of the word.


 Who is this girl?

I'm very much in love with my sassy little 4-year-old and simply cannot believe she'll be starting kindergarten next year.

James might need therapy to recover from this devastating change in his daily routine.
I, on the other hand, plan to take quite a few naps between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.