James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, March 1, 2013

Turning 28...

For some reason, 28 just feels... old.

Maybe it's because I'm always tired and achy and and wearing elbow patches and Web-MDing my ailments, but I'm fairly certain I've crossed the line into AARP territory.
At least in my mind.

I'm basically 86 at heart, so I'm finally catching up, I suppose.

I celebrated with my other January girls -- Cindy and Camille -- with a sleepover extravaganza in SLC earlier in the month.
We covered every inch of City Creek, downed our Squatters veggie burgers, invaded Trader Joe's seven minutes before closing time and went to a late-night movie.

A perfect way to party it up with some of my favorite people.


While Camille was the responsible one who went home to feed her baby and actually get a good night's sleep, Cindy and I stayed up waaaaayyy too late, catching up on waaaaayyy too many things.
It was totally worth the headache that greeted me in the morning.

Before heading back to our families, we grabbed breakfast at Eggs in the City.
Sugarhouse is magical after a big snowstorm.
I've always told Reece that if we ever come back to Utah, I'd die to live in that neighborhood.


 I love sharing a birthday month with my niece and nephew because they are crazy party animals.
Also, all I need to be happy in this life is quick access to a donut cake...


 On my actual birthday, my sweet mother-in-law watched the babies so Reece could whisk me away for brunch at Eva's Bakery and an afternoon at the Leonardo.

I know I've said it a million times, but I get all giddy every time we're back in the city we once (and probably always will, at least in a way) called home.


And then, because the sugar buzz from my chocolate croissant had worn off, we went to Banbury Cross to pick up a few of my beloved maple bars.
Calories don't count on one's birthday -- everyone knows that.

 
 And because that wasn't enough, we stopped at Trader Joe's, where Reece handed me a basket and told me to go wild.
My husband knows the way to my heart.

We ended the day with dinner at La Jolla Groves, where Reece ordered me a Diet Coke with lemon (SPLURGE! We NEVER order drinks at restaurants) and let me eat most of the greatest dessert on this planet before asking for a bite. 

He must really love me.


 It really doesn't get much better than spending an entire day with the guy I'm still majorly crushing over.
With the help of my babies, he certainly made my old lady birthday delightful.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get back on the treadmill...

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

One of the best b-day celebrations together to date! I loved our over-nighter, so many good laughs and memories!