James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to reality...


Lola's actual birthday was spent packing up our Seattle life in preparation to return to our Utah one.
Knowing we'd be coming back, I wasn't as devastated as I could have been.
We were excited to see our friends and family back in Utah, and Reece was getting antsy to finish up his graduate school adventure.

It was a lovely summer.
A perfect summer, in fact.

We fell hard for this city by the water, despite the ever-present smell of stinky fish mixed with a dab of pot.

And now, three months later, I can close the book on this chapter.
{insert collective sigh of relief here}


I flew back to Utah with the kids while Reece drove our car.
I'd like to thank Apple, the makers of princess fruit snacks and delta for our endless supply of drinks.
Without you all, we may not have survived.

Also, I dragged my exhausted children and all our stuff across Salt Lake International for this:
And was surprisingly emotional (in a good way) when I saw this skyline (smog and all):


It's good to be home.

0 comments: