James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 12, 2012

A bit of Utah summer...

The weather in Seattle was beautiful, don't get me wrong.
In my book, it doesn't get much better than 79 degrees and sunny.

BUT...

In some ways I felt like we missed out on a few bits of summer that I look forward to every year.
Take, for example, the swimming pool.

It never did get quite warm enough for us to seek refuge in the water.

Luckily, there were a few lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer left in Utah for us to enjoy.
And so we did.


 Curly mullets and bum tans.
Yum.

Next up: the splash pad.
A phenomenon that seems to have popped up all over this valley in the past year or so.

We were happily reunited with the Wisemans after too many months apart.


Of course, James set some time aside for his diaper yoga.


We couldn't stay away from Salt Lake for too long -- after all, it is one of my favorite places to be, especially in the summer months.

We took the kids to the farmers market one weekend, where we let our daughter get her first tattoo...


We met up with the Nelson girls for an afternoon at Liberty Park.
James put the moves on baby Amelia, while the big girls ran around in their bathing suits.


My newly-potty trained girl took one look at the park's bathroom stalls and yelled, "UH UH. NO, NO, NO."

I have to agree with her on this one.

Another trip up to Salt Lake, this one for work, allowed me an afternoon with the Maudsley girls at City Creek.
I never feel like I get enough time with Cindy, but it was a lovely afternoon nonetheless.


Phew!
Let's see how much stuff I can pack into one post!

This is what I get for neglecting this thing for so many months...

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

AHHH! LOLA'S BIKINI! SOOOO CUTE!!! I'm dying! We can go swimming at Christmas right? :) Can't wait!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

So happy to have you back in the blog world. I have to say I miss reading what you write. So much fun stuff had happened! And obsessed with the bikini girl :)