James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A little about the littles...

Playing catch up can be an incredibly frustrating game.
The more I try, the more I feel like it's an utterly impossible endeavor.

At least I'm trying, I suppose.

The problem with going through old(ish) pictures in an attempt to document the last three or four months of our lives is that I'm forced to realize how much my kids have changed in such a short period of time.

They're growing up.
They're becoming more independent.
It's awesome.
But it kind of freaks me out.


 The bird is a 16-year-old trapped in a 3-year-old body.
She speaks more eloquently than her mother.
She delivers her lines with the perfect blend of sweetness and sass.
She loves, loves, loves school.
She loves, loves, loves her friends.
 She's taken up the art of the puppet show, and spends her daily (non)nap time rehearsing her elaborate performances with the army of stuffed animals and dolls that reside in her bed.
Most days she will NOT let me dress her and insists on being her own stylist.
She still lets me snuggle her from time to time, and every time it happens, she kisses me on the cheek and says, "I'm your baby, right?"
She tells me she loves me 40+ times a day.
She remembers e.very.thing.


The boy is a tornado.
A very cute, very loud tornado.
He throws everything he can get his chubby little fingers on.
He loves food and can most often be found in the walk-in cupboard pulling everything from cereal to splenda off the shelves for consumption.
He runs faster than his mama.
He is addicted to "weeeeeees" (Jamesish for "treats") and like a pig to a truffle, can hunt them down in two seconds flat.
He catches colds like it's his day job (grrrr).
He desperately wants to chill with the big kids.
He makes it his daily work to drive his sister crazy.

Sometimes being mother to two children under three is exhausting, draining and downright difficult.
I'm just being honest here.

But on days that I feel that way, I try to remind myself that it's all going by so fast.
Way too fast.
And in reality, being mother to two children under three is the best job I've ever had.

Love these babies of mine.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me excited to have two babies. Yours are just so cute! But seriously, how do they grow up so fast???