James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, September 10, 2012

Bite of Seattle...

Nana Thaylene came to visit at the end of July, and her arrival coincided with the annual Bite of Seattle event at the Seattle Center.
If you know anything about my mother and I, you'd know we live for this kind of thing.

Of what kind of thing do I speak, you ask?
Here's the gist: endless free food samples from local restaurants, deep-fried everything, 40-gazillion food booths, giant bags of swag, live music, balloons, hipsters, dog-jumping contests... need I go on?

Hundreds of thousands of people flock to this party every year, and you can bet we were among them.


 Reece couldn't pass up the deep-fried green beans.
I most definitely could.


Lola eyed them, coughed and ran in the other direction.
That's my girl.

I don't know if I've ever eaten so much in such a short time.
I nearly had to be rolled home.

But the highlight of the night was watching the reunion tour of this inseparable duo:


 Don't know how we survived so long without this woman.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love love love that last photo. So sweet. It needs to be framed.