James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A day in Victoria...

We woke up bright and early the next morning to catch the Clipper boat to Victoria, B.C.
Alysha and Jason joined us from Portland, which meant we had many willing hands to help us with our sleep-deprived kidlets.


Our first stop was the insanely beautiful Parliament building.
We took a (free!) tour of the interior.
Our tour guide did a double major in history and drama, so she was perfectly entertaining and informative (and a little kooky).


 Lola was enthralled with the "princess castle" for about five minutes.
Thank heavens for the blue dum dum lollipop we snuck through security.
We may or may not be wanted in Canada -- dead or alive -- for the candy crime.

As evidenced by the picture below, Lola left the Parliament Building with a burst of energy.


 Next stop on our tour di Victoria: the Empress Hotel.
I have never seen a building wear ivy as well as this one.
And don't even get me started on the grounds...


If I'm ever able to afford High Tea at the Empress, I'll know we've made it.
Since that's not likely in the near future, I'll stick to DDP.


 We easily could have spent the entire day just wandering Victoria's streets.
There's so much charm and originality on this little island, and there's no shortage of unique street performers.
And the waterfront?
Beautiful.

The food ain't too shabby either.
Trust me, we managed to eat our way through a good portion of it.


 We took the kids to the Royal BC Museum, which they loved.
But the highlight was definitely the British candy store we tracked down, mainly because I was able to get my hands on some Percy Pigs!


All the eating and walking and sightseeing proved to be too much for my little lady.
She fell asleep in the stroller for the very first time ever, and Reece and I basked in the glory of that victory.


 We loved Victoria.
I wish we'd spent more than just a day there, and I'm a little heartbroken we weren't able to make it out to Butchart Gardens.

Next time, I suppose.


Well played, Canada.
Well played.

4 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

Love those babies! I love the photos of me with them on the ferry. So sweet!

robocop said...

I'm glad you're posting again! I really love the guilt-tripping garbage bin. I want that.

becky said...

Looks like so much fun! Victoria is definitely on our to-do list if we go back. So pretty!

robocop said...

Also, is Victoria on this side? I can never remember, I was an English major after all:)