James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Adam comes to town...

Phew.
 We've been back in Utah for nearly two weeks now and I'm finally feeling settled enough to tackle the enormous task of catching up on our summer adventures on this here blog.

It's daunting.
It's overwhelming.
It's likely never to happen.

But by george, I'm going to try.

Adam came to visit for a few days, and we had a great time showing him around the city.
We kicked things off with a walk to the downtown library, which is truly one of my favorite places in Seattle.


 Columbia Center Tower sits a few blocks south of the library.
It's the tallest building in the city and for $6, one can ride a ridiculously fast elevator all the way to the top.

WAY cheaper than the noodle.
Equally fantastic views.


 I think my favorite view was that of the east side.
I'm fascinated (and a little bit terrified) by the floating bridges, and Bellevue's skyline across Lake Washington is pretty impressive.

So. Much. Water. Here.

I've probably mentioned this before, but Lola is all about the "menu."
The best way to diffuse a major meltdown in public was to locate and procure a brochure of some sort.
Worked magic on my feisty first born.

"So, let's take Denny down to 3rd Avenue mom."

You think I'm kidding...


 Of course, we had to take uncle to the market.
Lola took his hand and led him around to the usual spots.
I think my baby knows this town better than I do.


 We'll pause this picture for now.
To be continued when my kids actually get back on a normal sleep schedule.

0 comments: