James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sandy sandwich...


 So here's the truth:

Golden Gardens is by far the best beach in Seattle, at least of those we've visited.
It's really the only one that's lined with actual sand for sandcastle building.

We've learned from experience that the wise man did not build his house out of pebbles.

The problem, however, lies in the fact that my son seems to want to devour every last grain of sand on the beach.
Some use shovels to fill their pails, James uses the shovel to fill his mouth.

I should probably make more of an effort to intervene, but if it takes a little sand to get him to finish his sandwich, so be it.

I also discovered (on this particular trip) that there was a reason my parents rarely gave in to our demands each time the ice cream man made the rounds in our neighborhood.

$2.50 for a BRATZ popcicle?
Ugh, I've failed as a parent.

But my girl was happy, right up until the moment her popcicle fell in the sand.
Don't worry -- James was ready to pounce.

I'm so glad the sunshine has come out for keeps.

0 comments: