James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, June 18, 2012

A visitor of the pop pop variety...

The day after we got home from Portland, my dad flew in to Seattle on business.
My kids were thrilled (as were Reece and I, but we didn't feel it appropriate to squeal and jump and smooch like the babies did).


 Dad picked a fabulous day for his introduction to Seattle -- it was 78 degrees, sunny and basically perfect.
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but to have a cloudless sky here is something to be celebrated.

I was excited to show my dad around our neighborhood -- we've fallen fast and hard for Queen Anne and I've made it my life's work to help others fall for her too.

We grabbed lunch at Phuket Thai just around the corner, and it was delicious.


Lola and James had an abundance of energy, fueled by their excitement over their pop pop's appearance.
I'm so grateful for the relationship my kids have with their grandparents.

They spent the better part of the afternoon basking in the delight of their new toothbrushes from nana.

 
 Our evening adventure deserves its own entry, so I'll sign off for now.
Going through these pictures makes my heart hurt a little.
We've been so lucky to live close to our families since we've been married, and that's likely to change in 9 months or so.

It's going to be a little rough.

1 comments:

robocop said...

Oh my...

Also phuket?!