James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Discovery Park...

Sunday we took a drive out to Magnolia to check out Discovery Park.
It happens to be the largest park in the city -- built on the site of historic Fort Lawson -- and boasts close to 12 miles of walking/jogging/biking trails and paths.
We didn't have much time (and didn't bring the right shoes for hiking) so we parked close the beach and wandered up to the West Point Lighthouse.


 Though the beach wasn't really much of a beach, it was incredibly beautiful in its own way.
It's tucked behind the Magnolia Peninsula -- thus hidden from the city and its sights, sounds and bustle.

It's the perfect place to come for a little peace and quiet.


The lighthouse is very charming.
Lola was devastated to learn that she couldn't go inside.

"But I want THIS to be my Seattle house!"

I don't blame her.


I've always loved to travel.
But until this extended vacation (because for the kids and I, that's really what this summer is), I never realized how much better it is to experience new things with my little people.

Just makes seeing the world a little sweeter.

1 comments:

Two Little Mittons said...

I just think your family is so cute, and stylish too! I envy your wardrobe! It looks like you are having such a fun summer!