James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome to Bluthland...

It's difficult to find anything bad to say about Balboa Island.

I mean, come on.
If it's good enough for the Bluths, it's good enough for me.

But how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...

The 60-second auto ferry ride across the water.


The sweetest candy shop around.
Where else can one find Leninade and bacon-flavored taffy?


 I wish I had made a video of Lola running around with her basket.
She filled that thing to the brim in about 30 seconds, giggling all the way.

Back to the counting of the ways...

The rows and rows of boats.
Someday I'd like to own one, but Reece says I'd probably accidentally sink it.
He's probably right.


 The palm tree-studded skyline.


 The pier.
We spent at least an hour mozying down the boardwalk, watching whales, seals and dolphins swim right underneath us.  It was, in a word, awesome.

Equally awesome was Lola's death glare -- the response received when I interrupted her conversation with a seal.


 Ruby's on the pier.
Nothing like munching on burgers and fries while watching the sun set over the Pacific -- and defending your food and your children from the one-legged seagull christened (by Lola) Ballerina Bird.


I wonder what Ballerina Bird is doing right now...

1 comments:

Justly said...

I love rubys